Olde Arvada Town Business Improvement District
The Olde Arvada Business Improvement District (BID) is seeking to hire a full-time director. The Director will act as the principal operating officer of the BID and be responsible for the overall administration, financial management, and day-to-day work activities of the BID.
Mission: To preserve, promote and enhance the vibrancy of Olde Town Arvada.
Vision: To create and maintain an identifiable always active business district that is inclusive to all, allowing our diverse businesses to prosper, setting the stage for an authentic experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement the BID’s strategic plan and enhance, recommend, evaluate and administer the BID’s operational work plan of services in the district in the areas of marketing and events, physical improvements, enhanced maintenance, advocacy and safety. Assure implementation of these plans, maintain all organizational records, provide periodic progress reports, and adhere to all budget and financial obligations.
- Insure compliance with all aspects of the BID’s legal requirements to the State of Colorado and the City of Arvada and monitor and maintain all vendor, contractor and consultant relationships.
- Enhance and expand relationships with corporate, community, government and institutional partners to carry out the BID’s organizational mission and objectives.
- Act as staff to the Board and its committees and serve as the Board’s liaison to community and civic groups, government and elected officials, including the City of Arvada.
- Expand revenue sources including fundraising, grants, corporate sponsorships, event revenues and other supplemental sources of operating support.
- Follow best practices in downtown and business improvement district management.
- Perform event management functions.
- All other duties that may be required.
- Develop and execute communication channels, both internal and external, which include collateral materials, website, social media, and public relations strategies.
- Implement and coordinate marketing, events, and promotional programs relating to Olde Town’s retail, office, restaurant, arts and residential attractions and amenities.
- Promote the Olde Town Arvada district as a unique, authentic downtown in the marketplace and community and as a great place to live, work and play.
- All other duties that may be required.
- Attend BID Board Meetings, and all Meetings that need a BID presence.
- Confirm bill and payroll is being paid on time.
- Follow-through on current marketing projects.
- Continued safety training opportunities for businesses.
- Arvada Public Safety Updates
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of non-profit management and operations.
- Knowledge of marketing, public relations and event management practices.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and development efforts.
- Knowledge of budget management, including budget preparation, analysis and reporting.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships.
- Ability to be action-oriented, adaptable, and have an innovative approach to business planning. Strong organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to handle negotiations and other interactions with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have good leadership skills and be a creative, self-starter capable of working successfully with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism.
Scope of Authority:
Plans daily work activities and prioritizes tasks. Prepares and/or develops plans for projects and programs involving coordination with outside organizations. Some precedents and/or procedures exist. This position is expected to handle difficult and specialized situations in the Olde Town Business District and is financially responsible: adheres to all budget and financial obligations.
Oversees Business Improvement District contract staff and volunteers.
Program management of increased partnerships and opportunities to promote the heart of the City: Visitors Center, Board Members, existing business owners, and the staff at Arvada City Hall.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Minimum Required Qualifications (Education, License, Training and Experience):
It is preferred that candidates have a BA/BS degree. Candidates should have 3 to 5 years of experience, preferably with business improvement districts, downtown marketing and revitalization, planning or retail/business center marketing programs. Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience may be considered.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Access to personal car for use during work hours to attend off site meetings and events.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Hire Date:
Note: This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Please refer to oldetownarvada.org for further information regarding this position.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter describing your interest in this position and highlighting your qualifications
- Resume including all relevant information regarding employment, involvement in the community, and professional skills.
- Three Professional References
Candidates who do not submit all three of the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered for this position. Apply no later than by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 21.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer